Here’s today’s cartoon. I think I might work this one up into a card.
Perhaps I need to work on my horses?
I’ve wanted to experiment with screen printing for a long time and today I finally did some. It was pretty mucky work, but good fun. I printed a design on to a t-shirt and on to a few cards.
Here’s my decapitated body to give you an idea of how the t-shirt came out.
I should have done another pass of the ink, but I didn’t realise at the time and once I’d picked up the screen to check that was the end of that.
The cards took the ink far more happily, of course, but I was guessing at location and they weren’t fixed down, so there was some smudging.
Key lessons I’ve learnt:
I did this just using some greaseproof paper cut out for the template. It worked pretty well, but I suspect most of the designs I want to do will be better with two colours and that will have to be far less haphazard.